Amazon Prime and Sprint Offer

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
I saw an offer from Sprint to get Amazon Prime for $10.99 per month. I thought that perhaps I had missed an announcement from Amazon that Prime had increased from $99 a year, but no, it's still $99 a year. I can't imagine how Sprint can think this is a good deal for customers.

I saw this article about it also.

Sounds like the gym membership scam - costs us $500 a year per active member - so we charge $250 a year - and hope 2 out of every three never come or cancel. . . .

Negotiate a deal with Amazon for $70 a year - no in no out. You're in or you're out at least 12 months - and then we collect $132 per member per year - 3 members in - 2 use it - we make $10. do that 10,000 times . . ..

Jan 8, 2015
I thought the Prime membership began to be a rip off when the price increased to what it is now. They claimed that we get all this extra stuf, but in reality the original reason so many people became prime members to begin with was because of the shipping, not the music or video, or anything else new about the program. Sadly, the shipping end of it is becoming less reliable even with the price going up. if I order two memory cards and want next day shipping, I am asked to pay the upgrade fee on each one, even though it is one order from the exact same pick bin. Many other times they have prime shipping marked, but say a product may be delayed. What is the point then of having the prime shipping?

I'm sure in cities where same day delivery is available there are many people who will disagree with me, but for the most part I have found the desirability to be headed downhill.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
I find Prime is good however usually I get deliveries close to the Prime delivery window anyway. I can do without the movies, to me that's a reason to NOT get Prime.

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
I use prime and love it, especially now that they're offering 20% off on new video game releases. I've saved enough on that alone in the few months it's been out to pay for the yearly prime membership at full rate. And especially so at the student rate which I get for being in grad school. And I do like the movies.

It really depends on your habits if it's a good deal or not. For me it is.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Ironically I actually did end up getting Prime for a month although not through Sprint. You can actually do it on a trial basis directly with Amazon.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Now they have a 2 month free trial for Sprint customers. You sign up here and then have to click a link in the activation message you get from Sprint. My activation link didn't work on the device it was sent to and I spent hours trying to sort this out between Sprint and Amazon who were not much help. Eventually I forwarded the activation link to a different device where it worked. This activation link is where you specify which Amazon account you want to apply the promotion too. If you don't get to a site where you enter your Amazon credentials, your sign-up is not complete.

May 17, 2016
Ironically I actually did end up getting Prime for a month although not through Sprint. You can actually do it on a trial basis directly with Amazon.
Absolutely! A one-month free trial from Amazon is available. Then you make up your mind about its value to you. Personally, I love it. But I do take advantage of the music and videos in addition to the free 2-day shipping.