Amazon discounts

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 6, 2017
Be careful when ordering from Amazon and check all possible discounts. I ordered socks from Amazon at a supposed discount price of $11.99. Found the same socks again on Amazon for $6.95 less with a discount code? Amazon refuses to honor the discount for the first order. It's not the amount of money that bothers me. It's 2 prices for the same merchandise by the same seller. Doesn't make sense

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Retail is like that, changes all the time. I don't buy goods from Amazon often, but I would surely be scouring the website looking for discounts before placing an order. You can surely use our Company Contacts to send a polite email asking for them to honor the lower price ... but why not send the more expensive socks back and just reorder?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This is no different than buying an airline ticket and seeing the price drop three days later.

You can return the item and purchase again at the sale price but you would wipe out the few dollars in savings by paying to return the original purchase.

The time to do homework is before you hit the buy button. If there is no low price guarantee- that's the way supply and demand works

Oct 6, 2017
Retail is like that, changes all the time. I don't buy goods from Amazon often, but I would surely be scouring the website looking for discounts before placing an order. You can surely use our Company Contacts to send a polite email asking for them to honor the lower price ... but why not send the more expensive socks back and just reorder?
The cost of sending it back is almost as much as the discount. The amount is no worth escalating.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
That's what we are trying to say. The da Eva's an airline ticket- the change fee is often more than the price savings would be.

If you are looking for a best price guarantee in things you buy, then don't shop on the internet. Shop locally where you can jump in your car and take it back.

Otherwise, do a lot of research and when you buy- stop looking for better prices

May 17, 2016
I am a frequent Amazon shopper (Prime member) and have found the following: the same merchandise is sometimes listed more than once and for different prices. I assume because it's coming from different suppliers. If you're looking for Prime, be sure to check that box. If not, look for the list of suppliers on the right. Sometimes, though, it's a challenge to find the lowest price.

There are browser extensions available for different web browsers that will automatically check for you whether there is a better price on Amazon for the item you are currently looking at. The extensions are different in some cases depending on whether you use Edge, Firefox or Chrome. Open up the extensions/addons for your browser and search for Amazon. You should find an extension that does what I am speaking about. On Chrome for example there is an extension called "wikibuy" that always tells me if there is a better price on Amazon from a different seller. If you use Internet Explorer however, no extensions or addons that I am aware of. Hope this helps for the future.