Amazon account locked ,holding my gift card balance

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The reason Amazon might have stricter security rule than the White House (???), that you can not steal money form the White House, but Amazon/Amazon costumers lose millions of dollars from gift card scams.
You mentioned, that this is your first business with Amazon. Ok, so from a new account with Indian adress, Indian credit card the first order is for a $1000 + order, with Indian delivery address, paid by $900 Amazon card gifted from one person, and $300 Amazon gift card from a Florida Walmart. (If you live in India, how did you buy the gift card in Florida? If you live in Florida, why sending the IPhone to India?)
I do not question the legality of your claims, I just wanted to show the many red flags that might have came up during verification.
Amazon processes millions of transactions daily. First (second/third, etc.) verification made by computers. You are 'corresponding' with computers.

While it is really hard to get solution form Amazon, even here, on Elliott forum you can find success stories - from much worst cases as you have.
From my memory- there was only one successful story. The rest we couldn’t help and Amazon wouldn’t respond to us.

Here it is:
http://forum.elliott.org/threads/amazon-gift-card-problem.5125/page-2#post-55664