1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Allegiant Makes Unauthorized Charges to My Credit Card

Discussion in 'Allegiant Air' started by Christine Wilson, Jan 2, 2017.

1. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

THIS

This is your solution. You did not authorize the charges and you do not feel like paying for them. This is your recourse. Start with the airline. I can almost guarantee you that the airline is going to do nothing. then move to the credit card company and dispute the charges based on the fact that you were not present when your card was used and did not authorize or sign for the items. Theft charges will be filed and someone (your step children, or their mother) will be held accountable.

Algebralovr and Neil like this.
  2. JVillegirl541

Staff Member Advocate

@Christine Wilson

You have clearly made this about your husbands former wife. Your anger oozes off the page and "Diminishes" your case. What Alliegent allowed to happen was wrong, and should not have happened. Write a brief, polite and to the point letter, leaving your anger at home where it belongs.
    As my oh so polite colleagues have already suggested write to the Alliegent contacts shown on this website.

3. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

I think we've done our jobs here and given Christine guidance several times over on how to solve her problem. Could we please close this very caustic thread? Nobody will benefit by more posts.

4. joycexyz

Methinks there may be a bit of friction between Mom and Stepmom. Let's not make it worse, please. Apparently the airline can charge the credit card that is associated with the tickets. There's no fraud nor any other crime here. Perhaps the children's father can ask his ex for reimbursement? If that would exacerbate the situation, it may be best to let it go for the sake of the children.

TropicalRichmond, jsn55 and Patina like this.
  5. joycexyz

Apparently you do. Your anger is palpable. For the sake of the children, please let it go.

jsn55 and krisseye like this.
  6. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

joyce, apparently Christine hasn't been back here since last week.

7. joycexyz

Guess I have to pay more attention to the dates. Anyway, I hope this was settled amicably.

Neil likes this.
  8. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

No, you didn't do anything wrong - she was here last week but opted not to comment any further. She may not be getting anything else out of our suggestions but I do agree with her that Allegiant's policy is not right and I hope she fights with them to change that policy.

9. Joe Farrell

THIS. . . can we stop haranguing each other about this?