All I wanted was to have a middle name changed from JAN to JANE

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 27, 2018
I am happy to let everyone know that the Air NewZealand agent at LAX check-in did indeed correct the middle name spelling and that my wife had a sucessful outgoing trip. She is keeping the documentation showing that high authority within Air New Zealand has authorized that the same name change be made on the return flight.

Still waiting for a positive response from JustFly regarding my request for a refund of the $400 I asked for. Most recently emailed the last name on the contact list. Fingers crossed that eventually I will hear back from the executive office.

Mar 27, 2018
I finally heard back from JustFly. Persistence is reaping some results. They have agreed to refund the change fee and will contact Air New Zealand about getting a refund of the rest of the charges. I will wait and see how that develops. I'm told it will take up to 10 days for the credit to show up on my credit card. More to come.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I finally heard back from JustFly. Persistence is reaping some results. They have agreed to refund the change fee and will contact Air New Zealand about getting a refund of the rest of the charges. I will wait and see how that develops. I'm told it will take up to 10 days for the credit to show up on my credit card. More to come.
Polite, patient, persistent ... well done! Look forward to a positive report in ten days.

Mar 27, 2018
JustFly contacted me today and told me they are ready to refund the Air New Zealand portion of the charges. Looks like I am getting the entirety of extra charges back. However I am not counting on anything until I see all monies on my credit card account.

Mar 27, 2018
I am happy to report that today I received a refund check from Justfly for the New Zealand Air added expense. So by following Elliott recommendations I was able to recover all unnecessary expenses..

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am happy to report that today I received a refund check from Justfly for the New Zealand Air added expense. So by following Elliott recommendations I was able to recover all unnecessary expenses..
I am FLOORED, rag. An online booking service taking care of their customer - there's hope for them yet. OBS is such a great concept, but they seem to operate on rock-bottom pricing, so that doesn't leave much in their budget for customer service. Well done, I am very happy for you!