1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Alamo DC Car Rental - Claim Late and

Discussion in 'Ent/Nat/Alamo' started by Shawn Aker, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Shawn Aker

Alamo Claim#: 11671915

To Whom it May Concern,

Hey there!

We rented a car from Reagan DC airport returning the car on Oct 17th.

As I stated to the DC Alamo fleet manager, this wasn't something I believe I did. It was after Alamo took possession of it. The receiver at the DC airport looked it over and saw no damage when I got there. I have yet to see proof that it was there when I arrived.

In addition. as Alamo did not have the right address on file (they mailed it I guess), and although they had done other correspondence via email, the claim was too late for my credit card insurance. I reached out to Audette, my claim Rep, a number of times with questions with no response because it seems they are very busy right now.

Is there anything I can do? We are just so lost and can not afford the $2263 they feel we owe and I feel we’ve been taken advantage of.

I really enjoy Alamo and like renting from them, but I’m at a loss.

Thank you!

2. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

We have a thread right on top of the car rental forum on how to deal with these- that’s how many of these complaints we see.

http://forum.elliott.org/threads/how-to-deal-with-a-car-rental-damage-claim.1514/

Follow the instructions - start communicating in writing ONLY with the main corporate offices.

Almost every consumer who had this issue and followed the directions had the claims dropped.

Let us know how you make out.

Shawn Aker likes this.
  3. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

To Whom it May Concern,

Hey there!

We rented a car from Reagan DC airport returning the car on Oct 17th.

As I stated to the DC Alamo fleet manager, this was not damage that occurred during my rental period. The receiver at the DC airport looked it over and saw no damage when I got there, therefor the damage occurred after Alamo took possession of the vehicle.

Nancy and Shawn Aker like this.
  4. Shawn Aker

Still waiting on a response. I just went the next VP. Will continue to work through this. Thanks!

5. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Make sure you state who you emailed so far that hasn’t responded. That’s important for each executive to know- that you have reached out and no one replied.

6. Shawn Aker

What a great site here. Got it taken care of!!! Thank you!

See response below:

Dear Sir/Madam:

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and your business. We have reviewed your concerns regarding the claim for your rental vehicle; we appreciate you as a customer and have made the decision to take care of the damages and costs of this claim. Our claim is now closed.

Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to servicing your future rental needs.
    If you have any questions, please contact our office.

Neil and sas80 like this.
  7. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

lol, let me translate

we have made the decision that pursuing this matter with you would be more trouble than it is worth. therefore we have decided to attempt to pin the damages on the previous renter AND the renter after you, in an effort to see if one, or both, will pay out.

Take care and have a great day!

George M, mmb and Neil like this.