Alamo Damage Recovery Unit False Claims

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 13, 2017
Through Priceline I rented a car from October 20th-22nd at the Alamo Dulles International Airport location. On November 2nd and 6th I received letters from the Alamo Damage Recovery Unit with damage and loss claims with total charges of $776.40 for the car I rented. I returned the car in the same condition it left. I have the check-in receipt (external tour voucher) from the Alamo associate upon returning the car with no damage noted. I believe these to be fraudulent charges. How can you help me?

Nov 13, 2017
Neil and cp556, I want to let you know that yesterday I mailed 2 certified letters to the Alamo Customer Care Center and Damage Recovery Unity. I followed your instructions to write the letter and attached the "external tour voucher," receipt given to me at the time the car was returned. I will let you know what happens next.

"To Whom IT May Concern,

The car I rented was returned in the same condition I received.

Attached here you will find a copy of the receipt that was given to me by the on-site Alamo associate at the time the car was checked in.

The car was inspected and NO damage was noted.

Therefore at this time I’m asking you to drop this claim."

\

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We don't advise writing - we tell you to email. The may not even sign for a certified letter. And we also need to see a full email trail.

Please follow the instructions in our original edits and email the corporate offices just as we advise.