Alamo car rental damage recovery unit

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 11, 2020
Hi
I rented from alamo Miami airport on 11/5/20. I picked up the car- chevy suburban and went back to my apartment in Miami to pack up the car. I declined CDW because I have full coverage auto insurance on Progressive. It was a one-way car rental. On Saturday, 11/7/20, my wife, 6 mos baby, and I left for Baltimore, Maryland. We would visit my parents and in laws (so the grandparents could see our daughter for the first time). As soon as I started the A/C, my wife smelled cigarette smoke. It was intoxicating and all over the car. I called the pediatrician, who advised us to switch the cars. I immediately called alamo. They told me to return to Miami airport and switch cars. We had a hotel reservation in Charleston, SC--$500 for the Renaissance hotel that we could not cancel. I went to the airport and spoke with the manager. I sat in the new SUV--GMC Yukon. There was no smell. I looked around the car and did not see any damages. I cleaned the car completely and re-packed the car. Three hours later, we were on our way. We finally arrived at BWI on 11/9/20. I returned the car on time. There was no damage or anything noted in or on the car. Today, at 143am on 11/11/20, I received an email from Alamo/enterprise regarding a damage recovery unit on the GMC Yukon. I am shocked, considering I have no report, no pictures, no evidence of any damage on my part and was not informed of any issues. What do I do? This does not seem right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Review and the thread below and follow its instructions:

Their contacts can be found at this link: Alamo Contacts

Nov 11, 2020
Hi,
Yes, I emailed alamo as well.

I unfortunately, threw out the bill. I did not get a receipt and my credit card has not been charged--There was a charge for 839 (539 plus 300$), but now that is off my card.

Nov 11, 2020
There is no mention of what they claim was damaged in the email.

Thank you for your recent rental. Our Damage Recovery Unit has received notification of damage or
loss to the vehicle you rented.
If you have not already done so, please contact your insurance company and/or credit card company
to report this claim. Failure to report in a timely manner may void any coverage you may have.
Once reported, please contact us to provide your claim information.
If you do not have insurance or wish to pay this claim yourself, we will send you a bill along with
supporting documents. If you have any questions regarding your responsibility, please contact our
office.

that is page 1
page 2 involves claim info
page 3 is a generic overview

no information as to what is damaged, where is the damage?

I have obviously no photos on my end, nor do I have the bill or receipt.

Nov 11, 2020
Hi,
Thank you so much. I emailed alamo and called the damage recovery unit team. I explained the situation. They looked into it and dropped the claim. Case closed. Apparently, there was a small dent on the roof of the car. Being that I rented a premium extra big SUV, it was not my responsibility to inspect the roof of the car. They consider this a high leased car or something. The email was auto-generated. The renter is not required to jump on the roof to inspect damages in cars that are high. They are going to send an email to close the matter.

Resolution!

I have to call alamo to discuss the bill for the rental car--that's a separate issue