Airfare Refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 21, 2018
In April 2017 my sister and I were booked on a Royal Caribbean cruise leaving from Miami with Delta flight connections through Atlanta. Due to severe weather Delta cancelled flights in and out of Atlanta resulting in our missing the cruise. Delta refunded the cost of the tickets to Royal Caribbean. However, Royal Caribbean did not pass the refund on to us.

I am concluding that because the tickets were non-refundable the cruise line is not obligated to pass the refund on to the customer. Is this correct and is this a standard cruise industry practice?

I now buy a more comprehensive cruise insurance policy through an independent company rather the the basic policy of the cruise line.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you contact Royal? If Delta canceled your flights, you should have received a full refund but it has been nearly a year. You should contact Royal to find out where that money went.

We have company contacts on top of our pages - try using them to contact Royal. And you checked your credit card statement that you used to pay the cruise to see if Royal credited you back?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am so sorry to read your post, missing a cruise would be a huge disappointment. I remember having to cancel one once for illness and I cried the day it sailed. Did you purchase air through the cruise line? If RCCL has your DL refund, they should give it to you. What are they saying? Advising people how to solve their travel issues requires very precise information, so we just keep asking questions until we know exactly what happened.

ADVOCATE ADVICE
Never, ever fly to meet a cruise on the day of sailing. Or to meet any other kind of prepaid travel. LIke using an online booking service to buy travel of any kind, or buying a "basic economy" airplane tix, it's never a good idea.