Airbnb urine stained bed their suggested refund $100

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 25, 2017
St. Maarten
What a dreadful experience! While I understand your reason for staying in such a revolting place, the fact that you did stay weakens your case. You (figuratively) ate the steak, and then said you didn't like it. I'm afraid the $100 is the best you can get. But, by all means, post your honest review.
I only noticed thid on fay 3 of a 4 day stay

Sep 8, 2017
That is the ONLY leverage because Airbnb is not responsible for anything other than matchmaking an owner and renter.

Their terms and conditions make that clear. You want to put this owner out of the rental business which is why I said to report it to the Health Dept.

Although they may not be able to do anything. You may need to go to Small Claims Court but I think a judge is going to ask you why you didn't leave if it was that bad. Boston is an expensive city but I would have paid $300 a night to get out of a urine stained room.

Truly, post that picture on the review site. You should warn others how disgusting the place is so they don't rent from her. She may decide to give you more for removing the review.
Why would you take down a review (or suggest) after an unacceptable response from the host that should have done the right thing and taken care of the guest in the first place? As a full time traveller and heavy user of home sharing sites - accurate guests reviews are important in the process for both guests and hosts. I find it concerning that a guest would remove an accurate and honest review for money after the fact! Am I missing something?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Why would you take down a review (or suggest) after an unacceptable response from the host that should have done the right thing and taken care of the guest in the first place? As a full time traveller and heavy user of home sharing sites - accurate guests reviews are important in the process for both guests and hosts. I find it concerning that a guest would remove an accurate and honest review for money after the fact! Am I missing something?
This is a dead post- it hasn't been looked st since June.
At some point you may have to fight fire with fire and do whatever you néed to to get a resolution with Airbnb[/Q