Air Canada (lost baggage)

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 10, 2018
On January 6th 2018 my daughter and I checked and paid for two pieces of luggage on segment LGA\YYZ\YGK. When arriving at the destination one piece arrived the other to date has not been returned to me. As is per Air Canada’s procedure I filled the delayed/lost report. A week later I completed the online reports with contents of the bag. I also filled a police report with Peel regional. As of this writing, I have had no response from Air Canada. The value of the bag an contents is approx. $5000.00 including prescriptions.

I would like some advice as to what action I need to take and what I am entitled to from the Air Canada. Additionally, should I be concerned about identity theft?

Sep 19, 2015
Please check if the credit card used has any travel insurance benefits.

Air Canada should not ignore a report.

Use the contacts and if there is no response file a DOT complaint.

Concerning identity theft -- what type of information was in the luggage that could be used?

Feb 10, 2018
On January 6th 2018 my daughter and I checked and paid for two pieces of luggage on segment LGA\YYZ\YGK. When arriving at the destination one piece arrived the other to date has not been returned to me. As is per Air Canada’s procedure I filled the delayed/lost report. A week later I completed the online reports with contents of the bag. I also filled a police report with Peel regional. As of this writing, I have had no response from Air Canada. The value of the bag an contents is approx. $5000.00 including prescriptions.

I would like some advice as to what action I need to take and what I am entitled to from the Air Canada. Additionally, should I be concerned about identity theft?
Have written a letter to the corporate offices and emailed. So let's see how things go.