Address needed to send ballot

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 14, 2016
I will be on the Norwegian Jade from Oct 16 until Nov 13.

Before leaving my home in IL I had the state office send my ballot to my last US address. They assured me it would reach there before I departed for Venice Oct 10. It did not.

Consequently, if I wish to vote in this coming Presidential Election, I need an address to which this ballot can be sent, and from which I can receive it, in time to vote and return it via post before Election Day.

Will someone on the Norwegian Jade be able to receive this ballot and get it to me in room # 10647, or is there a poste restante address to which it could be sent and from which I could fetch it. Or could it be sent on a more reliable mail to the NCL's US office and be sent somehow to the Jade when it is in either Barcelona or Malaga?

I would like to vote in this election and thought I had my bases covered. Please help.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
I'm in Massachusetts, and I was able to vote "absentee in person" this week. My town hall is having special hours where you can go there in person and vote your absentee ballot right there, so there is no mailing back and forth. Could you do that today before you leave? Could you vote electronically?

Otherwise I would call whatever phone number Norwegian has and ask to talk to someone about how their mail works.

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
First, I'd see if your state will send you the ballot electronically. Mine did, though I had to print it out and send it back. Www.fvap.gov has a link with contact info for every state and county.

If they won't send it electronically, then https://www.fvap.gov/fwab-privacy-notice Is the link to use the federal emergency write in ballot, which allows you to vote for president and congressional officials. A lot of states will also allow you to send this in electronically as well.

What I don't know is what snail mail options there are in a ship. One option mentioned in cruise critic is to mail it while in port, though this will be expensive.

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I live in NY and will be away on a cruise when Election Day comes. We don't have electronic ballot in NY - I had to mail away for an absentee ballot which still hasn't arrived because our county is so slow they aren't ready yet.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
First, I'd see if your state will send you the ballot electronically. Mine did, though I had to print it out and send it back. Www.fvap.gov has a link with contact info for every state and county.

If they won't send it electronically, then https://www.fvap.gov/fwab-privacy-notice Is the link to use the federal emergency write in ballot, which allows you to vote for president and congressional officials. A lot of states will also allow you to send this in electronically as well.

What I don't know is what snail mail options there are in a ship. One option mentioned in cruise critic is to mail it while in port, though this will be expensive.
Emailing from the ship is probably fairly easy, the charges aren't atrocious unless you're online for hours. I love the creativity of this forum's answers!